Rats leave traces. Some of the things to be aware of to detect rats are:
- Check your wells, open the manhole cover. If you can you see rats or rat faeces it means you have rats!
- Rats faeces – they are black or brown, cylindrical – around 6mm thick and 17mm long. They look like mouse faeces, but is significantly bigger.
- A sharp and unpleasant smell which has a resemblance to sewerage or a pigsty.
- Holes in the ground – often around foundation of the buildings or manhole covers.
- Tiles or asphalt sinking or eroding is often caused by rats.
- Holes in walls, panels etc. circular and with a diameter of a coin. You can look for freshly gnawed off shavings.
- Sounds: Squeaking and scratching in walls, under floors and in storey partition can be both rats and mice – in both cases it potentially causes great harm to wires, insulations etc.
- Water on the floor in the bathroom around the toilet can be a sign of rats visiting through the toilet.
© wisecon.com – Signs of rats